575 Mt Eden Road
Phone: 623 4599
Your rights when accessing health services - be in the know!
· You have the right to be treated with respect in regard to your values beliefs and culture.
· You have the right to be treated with a positive attitude and not be pressured by anyone to do anything you do not want to do.
· You have a right to be treated with care and skill in a way that meets your needs.
· You have the right to be fully informed, ask questions and be given answers about all matters concerning you.
· You have the right to be involved in making decisions that affect you, to make an informed choice and give informed consent.
· You have the right to privacy but can also choose to have a support person with you.
· You have the right to be asked and involved in regard to teaching and research.
· You have the right to complain about any of your treatment providers and for the complaint to be dealt with quickly and fairly.
Official Code of Rights in full (Click here).
The Nationwide Health and Disability Advocacy Service is a free service that operates independently from all health and disability service providers and agencies.
If you want to know more about your rights when using health or disability services, get questions answered, or talk through your options for making a complaint, we can help. (Click here)